Stewart Warner Vacuum canister listing

wmsue

Does a listing exist for which model Stewart Warner vacuum canister was installed on what model car?

I saw a paragraph or two in Dykes manual for my particular car buy I would like info on different models.

I'm also looking for a gas fuel line filter that fits on a vacuum canister, I made a inlet fitting last year for mine but saw on ebay that originally it probably had a fuel filter like the photo shows.   Till I get the original canister repaired, I'm using one like this.

2126857868_fuelfilter.jpg.28517ad956043ecdd0e3b93f05f86e39.jpgI missed the end of the auction on Ebay for this canister. Thanks.

Thanks, any info you could share would be appreciated.

If you have a filter, please let me know thru pm your asking price.

Bill

The original canister for my car is a SW 309. It is apart and needs some TLC. I have a 28 Willys Whippet 4cyl. model 96

I replaced it with the spare that came with my car. No idea what it was from but it is suppose to have a gas filter like the one pictured. I made a fitting to take up the 3/8" gap and threaded it for the gas inlet. I put a copper gasket above and below and it works. I drove my Whippet about 12 miles today. This was a first since I usually only went a mile or two before something went wrong. I was able to keep to about 25-30 mph and had no problem going up and down hills. It was in the high 70's today and I'm running ethanol free gas. Felt like a major accomplishment.

So I'd like to identify what the canister I have is out of. It is a model 113-U . And get a glass gas filter for it. I know it is not original to the car but the car is running so well, I might leave it in place for a while.

I'd like to find another SW 309 to use for parts.

I would be curious about what canisters fit what cars overall. I'm sure there were adjustments made for fuel volume based on the size of the engines. I would like to buy another canister to have for a spare and learn more about them. The list might help me choose which ones to buy and the differences made to each model.

thanks