Borg Warner Transmission filter needed

checker

All,

I'm looking to buy a Borg Warner Transmission filter for a DG250.  Wasn't sure the forum to place this under since it applies to several vehicles.  These DG250 automatics were used in many cars ranging from Studebaker and Hudsons to Jaguar but I can't seem to find a filter and gasket.  I've checked the web of course, and ebay.  Ebay in Australia does have them and they ship to the US but I thought I'd try to save myself the shipping charge and find the in the US if possible.   Thanks for any info.

Doug

And Humber...

Have you tried Studebaker International? Might need to call instead of the online catalog.

On 4/24/2018 at 12:47 AM, checker said:

All,

I'm looking to buy a Borg Warner Transmission filter for a DG250.  Wasn't sure the forum to place this under since it applies to several vehicles.  These DG250 automatics were used in many cars ranging from Studebaker and Hudsons to Jaguar but I can't seem to find a filter and gasket.  I've checked the web of course, and ebay.  Ebay in Australia does have them and they ship to the US but I thought I'd try to save myself the shipping charge and find the in the US if possible.   Thanks for any info.

Doug

The transmission did not have a filter; it has a fine mesh brass screen that can be washed and reused. Use sheet cork to make a new gasket.

Wllie in WV.

Thanks Willie,  I did wonder if it was something washable.  I have not pulled the pan yet.  The car sits in WV so next time I'm back there I will pull the pan to change the fluids, and I'll wash out the filter.  Gaskets were available but I was determined to buy a filter.  Now I know better.  Thanks.  Perhaps this is why I couldn't find a true filter.

IMG_20171122_113406595_HDR.jpg