1934 Hudson/ Essex

Keep watching ebay etc.  When you see one bid high, really high.  I read about people, on these forums,  being upset at the cost of crank hole covers for all different makes.  If you can afford a multi thousand vehicle you can afford hundreds for a crank hole cover.  I bought one on ebay for my car and paid almost $400.00.  I wasn't excellent shape but filled the hole.  A few years later at a local swap meet I found a much better one.  The seller didn't know what it was or what it fit.  He wanted ten dollars for it.  I bought it and a few years later I got an email from a person who offered me what I had paid for the one on ebay so I sold it.  Look everywhere.  Keep a picture and dimensions with you.  The good one I found was in a box of door handles and escutcheons.

Good luck in your quest.

A photo of the cover (as spotted on someone else's car, of course) would be helpful.  Someone could be sitting on one of these, in a box of old parts, and might have no idea what it fit.

By the way, you mean "Hudson" as opposed to "Essex" (which was not made in 1934) or "Terraplane"......is that correct?  Currently there is a 1934 Terraplane crank hole cover on Ebay.

Edited by Jon37 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Assume you're looking for "Hudson" then (the photo shows a Dodge), as opposed to the Terraplane model.  If you'll check my Hudson Repro page you'll find that someone is (or at least WAS) reproducing crank hole covers for '34 Hudsons.  http://www.detailedconcepts.net/Repro_Table.pdf    Scroll down to page 9, the exterior trim pages, and look toward the top.  The number denotes the vendor, found at the end of the pages.  This list covers only Hudson repro parts.  Of course, some of them are no longer made, so you'll have to check with the vendor.