1937 Pontiac 4 door slantback Headliner?

I just purchased a 1937 Pontiac 4 door flatback sedan and need some info on the headliner installation. Nothing in the car but 4 bows, looks like there should be a 5th one. I see material around the edges that appears to be for staples, what kind of trim covers this? If anyone has info or especially pictures I would appreciate it. Thanks, Bob

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum.

I suspect it would be the same as a 1937 Buick. If you look through Gary W's 1937 Buick restoration discussion you will find some excellent descriptions and photos of his headliner installation. Sorry, it is a long discussion and I have no idea what page the headliner installation is on: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob

Check out page 28, and then read on.  My '37 Buick has a 7-bow headliner.

Just click the arrow in the upper right corner.  It'll go right to the correct page.

Good Luck!

Gary

In this post from October 4,  Iaid the old headliner outside and marked the bows so they went in the same way and in the same order:

I finished all the bow wires by sanding them and spraying them.  With each one marked, It removes the stress of mixing everything up.

Edited by Gary W (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thank you Gary, I did see and bookmark your build page on the headliner. What a wonderful job you are doing on the resto, but I think I'm more impressed that you are including your family! 

My Pontiac is the Deluxe 8 model, and was built as a rat rod over 15 years ago. Your thread has given me insight to items not generally shared or known on hot rod forums. I was able to connect with the former owner and acquire the missing headliner bows, and my headliner should arrive next week. I will definitely use your pages as a guide, thanks again! 

• Like 1