Some really unusual 50's European sports car literature

auburnseeker

I purchased a large lot of literature last summer that I finally got around to really going through.  I have begun listing the Foreign stuff over on eBay.  I'm not really trying to promote that aspect,  but with each listing I have photographed pretty much every page of each piece and it might make for some good perusing for members here who enjoy looking at old possibly obscure advertising.  This way you don't have to buy any of it to look at it and I don't have to waste a bunch of space on here posting thousands of photos.  Lots of brands I have heard of including Allard, Aston Martin, Triumph, Lancia, Rolls Royce, Lagonda, Morgan, Even Kurtis, Austin and Austin Healey, but some more obscure ones like Jowett Jupiter, Cooper, connaught, Pegaso, etc. I haven't.

Lots of great photos and specs.  Most seem to be race car/ sports car oriented.  There are even some Coach built photos of Rolls Royce, Ferrari and Fiat. 

I have more to list including a large collection of Jaguar, MG and Mercedes,  then eventually on to a bunch of really nice dealer related GM Mopar Nash Hudson etc literature,  all with the same pile of photos so they may make some welcome distraction into a window of the past as we avoid the brutal cold outside we are dealing with. 

To view either enter my seller ID randyshotrods in an eBay search or follow this link to a Morgan 3 wheeler auction I have going.  Again I'm really posting this as a chance for members to see some neat literature,  not trying to sell it to you unless you see something you really want.   You may not get to see such a span again all together at once.  These should be viewable for the next 60 days or so as completed listings so check those out for more reading as well. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382323627864?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

I'll post a few photos here to wet your appetite as well. 

IMG_9285.JPG

IMG_9319.JPG

IMG_9296.JPG

IMG_9293.JPG

IMG_9329.JPG

IMG_9349.JPG

IMG_9337.JPG

IMG_9369.JPG

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

I've got some more oddballs to come as well.  

The American stuff is pretty much 1950-1956 and has a lot of stuff relating to the dream cars and engineering stuff as this was originally part of an engineering school's collection. 

I think the students brought in the foreign stuff and some of the domestic stuff was sent directly to the school.  Of course what better place to shop for future engineers.  I wonder if any of those students actually went on to automotive engineering because of these endeavors.   Ironically it all stops right about 1957. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

Actually I usually send most orders media mail,  which will fit 2 to 40 brochures for around 6.00-9.00 anywhere in the USA.  It all depends on weight.  Some brochures are 1 -2 pages others are 30 or more,  especially some of the US ones. I charge actual postage and a few bucks to cover the cost of the foldable book mailer, backer,   shrink wrap etc.  

I've pretty much exhausted all my European literature.  Happens fast when you list 30 or so items a night.  I'm now digging into the Domestic 1950s stuff I got in this same lot.  Some more unusual stuff I'm sure.  

Here are a few press promotion kits for Nash from the 50's.  If you are a Nash fan,  lots of  Nash stuff listed along with Willys Chrysler and Lincoln so far. As before it's neat just to look at the photos. Lots of photos in those press kits all with little explanations of the new features or styling. 

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

IMG_0265.JPG

IMG_0267.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG