1907-1908 Maxwell Brochure value?

Guest Holly

1908 Maxwell Sales brochure. 6 1/2" X 9 1/2". Embossed Art Noveau/Deco cover. 35 pages. Condition is good-fair. There is a little soiling on some of the pages, a few brittle pieces on the bottom of the back pages, but doesn't impact the illustrations. The cover isn't soiled and has a crease in the middle. Would appreciate knowing the value if any.  Thanks!

Maxwell-Briscoe 1908 Catalog.jpg

Maxwell-Briscoe 1908 Catalog 2 (1).jpg

Maxwell-Briscoe 1908 Catalog 3.jpg

Maxwell-Briscoe 1908 Catalog 4.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 10/19/2017 at 11:49 AM, Holly said:

1908 Maxwell Sales brochure. 6 1/2" X 9 1/2". Embossed Art Noveau/Deco cover. 35 pages. Condition is good-fair. There is a little soiling on some of the pages, a few brittle pieces on the bottom of the back pages, but doesn't impact the illustrations. The cover isn't soiled and has a crease in the middle. Would appreciate knowing the value if any.  Thanks!

Maxwell-Briscoe 1908 Catalog.jpg

Maxwell-Briscoe 1908 Catalog 2 (1).jpg

Maxwell-Briscoe 1908 Catalog 3.jpg

Maxwell-Briscoe 1908 Catalog 4.jpg

I wish to see the rest of this sales brochure. My great grandfather purchased a 1908 Maxwell Model K. I hope it's in this publication

There are certainly some sales brochures floating around that include the K and KA models, as well as a surviving car or two. With all this free time everyone has I am sure someone could dig up a copy!  

I sell alot of literature.  30 pieces or so a day 7 days a week at auction.  Prices are really hard to figure as they change literally by the day if auctioning items.  Some would say I'm off but I would think at auction this might bring $20. (gutt feeling as I don't recall ever having this piece though I find literature I have never had before almost every day)  Being an auction though it could sell higher or fall flat on it's face and sell for under 5.00 as I start everything at 2.99 or less and let it run,  regardless of rarity or age.  Sure helps keep the inventory flowing through though and I will make it up on something else that I was ready to send to the recycle bin.  That's really the only way you know what it's true value is.  I sometimes get a little more for some of my items as I have buyers that buy alot from me and build orders over the course of a month so their shipping fee is really low per piece. 

If you have other literature and might be looking to sell,  I'm always buying. 

I’d appreciate someone posting a picture of the 1908 Model K, because I haven’t found one. Does anybody know if that 1908 brochure features the model K? It would be cool to obtain a digital copy of the brochure, especially if it features the K.

I will try to dig up some model k advertising later. For the time being, you can find lots of vintage photographs of a model K as Alice Ramsey owned one and had her picture taken a lot.  She used a similar 1909 DA on the transcontinental tour, but many images of her are with a model k. 

Hi,

thanks for the posts.

I followed one lead to acquire a 2005 reprint of Alice Ramsey’s book Veils, Dusters, and Tire Iron. Can’t wait to read it. I can identify with her and her feminist attitude.