1941 Cadillac 2 door convertible

Chema Blasco

I am restoring a 1941 Cadillac two door convertible (VIN 8359640) and I will appreciate receiving pictures or diagrams (exterior and interior) on how the rear trunk lid latch should be installed in the car, as well as general pictures of the inner view of the rear trunk. I will appreciate also receiving information on a suitable source for technical manuals of this car.

If you prefer, you can contact me directly by e mail: jblasco@unizar.es

Thanks

Hello Chema , and welcome to AACA forums ! Are you presently living in Spain ? What city ? I am a long time Cadillac & LaSalle club member. We have a very large membership all over Europe. We have an event called the Grand European , hosted by chapters in the different European countries. You will enjoy the club very much. I just checked our directory for you , and we do have several members in Spain , but no '41s there. The 1941 Cadilllac is extremely popular , and there is a huge amount of information covering every aspect of these cars. 

Here you see a small annual regional gathering. As I said , '41s are very well represented in our club. The 1924 Cadillac you see is my oldest. We also have our annual Grand National  gathering. It is held in the Summer in any state , rotating between the far-flung areas of our large country. People come from many countries also. Perhaps I will see you there ! I am very happy you are joining us !   -  Carl

P.S.  I have added pictures of my 1927 Cadillac at the 2016 Grand National in Las Vegas. One shows it between 1926 and 1928 Cadillacs. The other is face to face with a 1938 V16 in the garage of the host hotel. The V16 and my '27 were each awarded "Best Original" in our respective classes. Both of my old Cadillacs are unrestored original cars. I drove the '27 2700 miles to and around Las Vegas. It is a very strong reliable old car to make such a trip completely alone.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by C Carl
Add P.S. and 2 more pictures (see edit history)