Splash guard for 53 please Pontiac l8

john hess

I am looking for a splash guard for my 53 l8 Pontiac. The one I need is located on the right side of the frame just below and slightly forward of the trans cross member. This is a 3 speed manual trans by the way. I believe it would have 4 mounting holes and a curved area that extends slightly under the exhaust and ends just before hitting the oil pan. The dimensions are roughly 16 x18. 

I have only seen one in a photo and it was not a good one.

If anyone can confirm this with a picture of one I would appreciate it. The search is on for this is, I believe, the only piece missing in my parts that I have been collecting. ... John

hi, i have the piece you're searching for, it's nos and waiting to be installed on my 1953 chieftain custom catalina work in progress, when i return from the west coast in about 7-8 days i can take a picture for you. i know the identical part was used in 1954 also.

charles l. coker

1953 pontiac technical advisor

technical advisor coordinator

pontiac oakland club int'l.

Thank you for your reply. I am in the rebuild stage of my body off frame project. Like most projects, this one started as a 'l'll just fix this oil leak' job and turned into a 'since I have this off, I might as well do this too. ' 

I have been following your build in progress and look forward to meeting you eventually. Thank you again for your response and all the information you have been providing for all of us.