Underhood insulator material.

Tom_Overfield

Hi Folks,

The authenticity manual for my Continental says it is supposed to have an insulaterial material toward the rear part of the hood to cover the welding where the hood was lengthened,  I have been searching for something that might work such as maybe a tar paper roofing material.

or possibley something like dynamat if it can be located in black.,any thoughts?

Tom

Jim B and I lament over mistakes of youth, having started to peel that stuff off the inside of his original; 40 Cabriolet, years ago, ( because the show cars didnt have it), only to learn it is oem,,sort of a textured tar paper, with bumps and lines---Dyna mat is not it--have him shoot you a pic--

Your interior is gorgeous, I believe that the radio bezel on this car should  be brown, with the light bezel for plain zephyrs with lite wood dash....,

Edited by Mssr. Bwatoe (see edit history)

Tom,  When I finished my '38 Conv coupe , I used  a tar  paper type of underlayment with a pressed  texture patern . I used this under the 

carpet instead of the thick junt  material.  It was supposed to  be a correct material used in Fords; in certain areas. I may have a scrap

somewhere. I'll look for it . I have to look thru my receipts to see who I purchased it from---- Larry