Ignition? Breakdown

johnemac

I have a problem where the 90 starts up and drives about 5 miles then it seems the ignition breaks down. I have new plugs and wires, swapped out ICM, Fuel pressure is good. I had recently replaced the harmonic balancer and I believe the crankshaft sensor is responsible for go/no go only, not misfires (correct me if I am wrong). I pull into the garage and I have the miss and the motor surges. I hook up coil fire indicators and I have a good spark. Any ideas?

The first thing I checked was plug wire placement because I was pulling and replacing wires. I had already sprayed around the manifold prior and found a pinched O ring on the IAC. The IAC was at that time was replaced with a spare. Prior to this I had an intermittent coil that took forever to get figured out and another problem was one injector not working due to a bad ECM which was easy. I have been scanning prior posts and reading about a bad O2 sensor so I will pick one up. Thank You for replies.....

• Like 1

Harry Yarnell I see you in the Cadillac forums. Think wrenching on a Reatta is bad, get yourself a Northstar Eldorado and scar up your knuckles. You can put bags of groceries in front of the radiator, but good luck to you behind the radiator. 2000 Eldorado with 13,000 miles, still new car smell...... Of course it was not the O2 sensor, so now I am going to change plugs and put in AC Rapidfires. I know plugs and wires would typically be the first route to take, but I had done that just a couple months ago and added a premium oversize silicon wire set.