30 distributor won't budge

SDLARS

My split head runs fine but working front to back cleaning off decades of dirt and grease. Pulled the engine and transmission. Tried to remove the distributor but can't get it to budge in any direction. What am I missing? I have a service manual. 

You do know that there is a hold down bolt.  Left side above the dipstick between #3 and #4.  Loosen the lock nut and unscrew with a screw driver.  You don't need to remove it entirely.  A little penetrant around the base of the distributor and it should lift right out

A possibility is to put a strap type oil filter wrench around the housing and try to rotate it a bit.  Not being made of pot metal you could possibly use two short pry bars from opposite sides and just tap them lightly and alternately.

I've had this problem, the distributor body rusts into the block. I put a pipe wrench on the shaft of the distributor and while holding moderate pressure on the handle gave the body of the pipe wrench a couple of light hammer blows, it was enough to break the dizzy loose. 

While you have it out check for sideways play in the shaft.  Originally there was no bushing in the housing.  Just the shaft running in the cast housing.  I had trouble keeping my points in adjustment and had a bushing made so the shaft stayed steady in the middle.

I would also check the gear that runs off the camshaft.  The one on my '32 (same distributor) was loose and had to put a new pin in to secure it to the shaft.  Also, if you can find a place with an old Sun distributor tester you can check the mechanical advance.  These distributors do have a significant advance at higher RPM.