CA Emission

I have an 89 TC and there seems to be an empty space under the hood on the driver side corner near the firewall and the wheel well with unconnected wire harnesses. I believe this was where the CA emissions components go. However, the car has never been titled in CA. I figured they would not install CA Emission on cars not to be sold in CA. I am concerned that these unconnected wire harness are may be causing the engine to miss. I have replaced the plugs, points, distributor, O2 sensor, fuel regulator, vacuum switch, etc...so it should be running perfectly smooth. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

On 5/30/2017 at 4:12 PM, DickieBear said:

I have an 89 TC and there seems to be an empty space under the hood on the driver side corner near the firewall and the wheel well with unconnected wire harnesses. I believe this was where the CA emissions components go. However, the car has never been titled in CA. I figured they would not install CA Emission on cars not to be sold in CA. I am concerned that these unconnected wire harness are may be causing the engine to miss. I have replaced the plugs, points, distributor, O2 sensor, fuel regulator, vacuum switch, etc...so it should be running perfectly smooth. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

You are likely looking at the connector that the DRB or other scanners would be connected to diagnose engine fault codes, etc.      Is it a 5 terminal connector?

Yours is a Chrysler TC that has been converted from TEVES ABS brakes to standard, conventional Vacuum Brake Booster and conventional Master Cylinder.

You can just disregard these connectors. 

When I converted mine, I removed the entire ABS Harness.DSCN0704.thumb.JPG.cb890b541d12434933434c1d92ee761b.JPG

DId you fail the CA smog/emissions test Dickie?  Where ya at BTW?  The smog tests here in Cali are the bane of my existence.  I've got modified cars that burn CLEANER and put out lower emissions  than they did from the factory and I still can't get them smogged.  Which means no driving them:angry:   At least on any public road