Looking for '42-'46 Champion tail light gaskets

Anyone know a source for these? I have looked hard and haven't found them.

Anyone know how thick the gaskets are supposed to be? I have one old gasket that is bad shape, but I hope to be able to trace it onto some 1/4" thick closed cell neoprene foam, and cut out new gaskets.  The light bezel is flimsy and the mounting area on the body has quite a curve, so I am guessing this is a tough area to seal. I would prefer to buy some that are the correct material, thickness, and firmness.

Any help appreciated.

The sedan ones are different from the coupes.

I may have some sedan ones N.O.S.

Robert Kapteyn

studebaker@mac.com.

I am recovering from an operation and won't be able to go to my warehouse yet so please have patience.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:54 PM, studeq said:

.As Bob mentions the coupes and sedans are different. I have a pair of sedans. You do not state which body style you have?

IMG_7688.JPG

Sorry I did not mention it, but my car is the Business Coupe body style. I wonder what the difference is?

I have been hoping to cut a set out of a flat foam sheet, but looking at the sedan gasket photos, not sure a flat gasket will work at all.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:29 AM, studeq said:

Sorry but I do not know how different they are. I have a good friend who has a '46 coupe. Maybe I could ask him to take his off?

Studek-

Thanks, any help would be appreciated, but I am afraid it would be asking too much for your friend to take the tail light apart for me.The tail lights on the 42-46 fit into a curved area that looks really tough to seal, and I don't want anyone breaking a good seal, or possibly chipping paint in the process.

I do have an old gasket I can use to trace onto new 1/4" nitrile foam gasket material, and cut out a new gasket. The old one is a little distorted and hardened, but I think it will work well enough as a template.

One of these two gasket styles has the part number molded in.

The other does not.

I do not remember which is which but the parts book can tell.

I am home and do not have the books here.

Robert Kapteyn