1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

STEVE POLLARD

I'm currently looking at a 1970 Olds Cutlass S for sale, but to be honest, I'm not too familiar with Oldsmobile products... I been involved in Chevrolet all these years. It's all original with 40K miles on it... the interior is immaculate , the exterior is yellow in color ( bamboo ? ) and is also very nice. The owner is asking $19K....Does this sound reasonable for a original car in this kind of condition ? 

Thanks !

4 hours ago, steveimpala said:

I'm currently looking at a 1970 Olds Cutlass S for sale, but to be honest, I'm not too familiar with Oldsmobile products... I been involved in Chevrolet all these years. It's all original with 40K miles on it... the interior is immaculate , the exterior is yellow in color ( bamboo ? ) and is also very nice. The owner is asking $19K....Does this sound reasonable for a original car in this kind of condition ? 

Thanks !

It's obviously difficult to provide useful information without photos and additional details on the car.  $19K is certainly on the very, VERY high end for a 1970 Cutlass that isn't a W-31.

That's a very plain-jane Cutlass with 350 2bbl, single exhaust, drum brakes.  It's in very nice shape, but is not particularly desirable as-is.  The 442 grills are kinda goofy on an otherwise low-end car.  The current $10K bid is the max it is worth, in my opinion.  Whoever buys that car will turn it into a 442 clone. Don't expect it to sell or meet reserve.  Someone has been watching too many BJ auctions on cable.

Edited by joe_padavano (see edit history)