Marmon Engine For Sale

oldford

I have an engine that I believe is for a E75 model Marmon for sale for $2500. Photos were shown in an earlier thread along with the 1917 Model 34 Touring that just sold. The buyer of the car chose not to take the spare engine. Some numbers found on the engine that are cast into the block near the water pump drive are: KBW, and blow that are 4 21 25. Some numbers stamped into the timing case at the top are: 5625 H 4009.  I think the cast numbers are a casting date and the stamped numbers are a serial number. The engine spins freely and pushes air out of the spark plug holes, but I notices that the push rod for the #1 exhaust valve is missing. All valves move freely and it looks good, but I have not removed the head or any of the covers. You should assume it is a good used engine and no more... The water pump shaft looks new. I have taped the holes to keep critters out...  I'm not sure, but I would guess this would fit any earlier Model 34 with a cone clutch if the flywheels were swapped, but I'm not sure. It is what it is...  Call if interested. Frank Iaccino 518-755-0986.

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1852a.jpg

Edited by oldford (see edit history)

• 1 month later...