WTB: 1960 Galaxie/Fairlane turn signal switch

Want to buy a good turn signal switch for a full size 1960 Fairlane/Galaxie. The metal contacts in mine are broken, and a repair isn't possible.  I can find the switch for Falcon/Comet, and full size Mercury, but do not know if they are interchangable with that in the Fairlane/Galaxie. Thanks,  David.

1960 Edsel turn signal  switch...broken interior part 7-20-16 003.jpg

1960 Edsel turn signal  switch...broken interior part 7-20-16 004.jpg

cahartley...

Thanks for the link.

That switch doesn't show to fit the 1960 full size Ford cars. Falcon, Comet T-Bird, truck are the applications, and  C&G couldn't verify that it would be the proper application, even though the general part number would correspond with that in the master Parts Catalogue.

I have located today a 1961 Fairlane 4 dr. that still has the complete column in it, and will go to see about it tomorrow.

Thanks,

David

cahartley....  Agreed that the switch looks really close. I'm going to check out the '61 Fairlane at the salvage yard, and see if it will work. I can compare the two side by side. I do have a new switch that we purchased for the '67-'68 Mustangs we had, but it cannot be made to work. Thanks, David.

• Like 1

rick60.... I went to the salvage yard today, and pulled a switch from a '61 Fairlane. The switches are physically different, but mount the same as the '60. this '61 switch has a plastic cancelling cam, whereas the '60 switch was of metal. Should still work. Now to sort out all of the butchered  wiring. Missing  connectors, etc.  Thanks for all comments and suggestions.  David.