Special Roadster on eBay

MochetVelo

A few thoughts. I am not what I consider an expert on Metz, but do think I know a little about them. 

First, I think it is the standard roadster offering for 1911/'12/'13. The top, windshield and mother-in-law seat (or rumble seat) were optional on the standard roadster. The special roadster was offered in 1913 with less of a cowling, lowered seat, and larger round gasoline tank mounted on the rear deck. The Special Roadster's standard color was red and black.

In 1914, there was a model called the Speedster by Metz, similar to the 1913 Special roadster, but with a different gasoline tank. Its original color was very similar to this car's orange. I have part of an original radiator from one. The Speedster also came standard with wire wheels (30X3 all around)

I am not certain, however I believe that the 1911 had several minor differences from the later (and this) model 22s. I don't know just when the changes were made, but I understand that the shift lever and rear brakes were different. I can't tell for sure from the photos in the eBad listing, but I think those are the more common model 22 brakes. I would guess (GUESS mind you) that the car is likely a 1912 for those reasons, but do not know for certain.

Regardless of that (and the color), I think it looks like a nice car, and I really wish I was in a position to bid on it. And no, I do not have any connection to the seller and never seen this car in person before.