1960 Electra Fan Clutch

I am looking to replace the fan clutch on my 1960 Electra.  The old clutch sits right up next to fan and the mounting base is about 3 inches.

every replacement I find, the base is only about 1.5 inches or so.   Not sure if this is the correct one on the car.

I know the fan needs to be close to the radiator, considering I don't have a shroud.

Any ideas people ?

Somewhere in my "archives", I have an old Dana/Perfect Circle engine parts catalog that lists fan clutches, circa early 1970s.  I've also got an ACDelco Fan Clutch catalog, from the 1980s (with full size specs).

But here's what I've discovered in trying to find "better" fan clutches for my cars.  The older applications have been "universalized" with the slotted bolt holes on the mounting flange rather than drilled holes.  Of course, drilled holes are better, to me.  The older applications, in the "non-thermostatic" types, are generally covered with about FOUR part numbers.  Main difference is the length of the main shaft.  For the thermostatic types (with the coil thermostat on the front) are not quite so generic, but many OEM applications which had many variations now have fewer variations, which is not that bad of a deal, in reality. 

Key thing is to keep the current dimensions of "fan to radiator", which will relate to the "mounting flange to fan mounting surface" dimension.  Past that, a thermostatic unit if you can find one in the correct dimensions.  There are some general guidelines as to how close to the radiator the fan needs to be.  Don't be afraid to see how close 1970s-1990s Chevy clutch dimensions might be to what you need, either!

NTX5467

Rock Auto lists a Hayden and Four Seasons clutch for the 1960 Electra.  Both are the later model style with the 4-slot mounting flange.  Not terribly expensive, compared to what some of the OEM Chevy HD clutches were about 10 years ago.

Interesting shaft/mounting flange on the orig clutch!  With no shroud, the fan would need to be closer to the radiator, but with a shroud, it's the relationship of the fan placement within the shroud that's important.  Coulc the car have a fan shroud?

NTX5467

Thanks for the information willis, No Sroud on this car, just a finger guard.  I went ahead and put the old one back on while I look around.  I found one that is close and might try that one if this is not working.

The fan is up close and personal with the radiator.