Sidemount locks

Dave Henderson

On what make(s) and year(s) were these sidemount locks used?   My assumption is that they worked on either side, however both are identical so I could be wrong, comment?   A Briggs and Stratton key fits.  I have examined these closely to ascertain a method to remove their cylinders, but find no pin or other retaining device, any ideas?  

MVC-322S.JPG

drwatson,
Thanks for the offer to help.  The key I used is an aluminum GM key that I just happened to have,  I'm sure it is newer than the locks.  It was the third key I tried and a lucky coincidence that it worked on one of the locks.  I used lock ease and tried about 50 other keys that fit into the other lock, but none worked.  The cylinders are not stuck.  
Usually there is a way to remove cylinders, sometimes requiring that a correct key be used in the process or by drilling out a pin, but so far I haven't come up with a method for these. 
I D and Ideas needed!

Thanks guys.  The view pictured shows the plunger to be plain and blunt ended, and it will not pull farther out.   Nothing else worthy of suspicion except there is a coil spring farther in the bore that I will try to remove to see if anything is beneath it.  I chalked over the bottom to show up a logo, 2 diamonds standing up, over an "H".
Identifying the locks as GM is a big help.  The accessory lock web site is the best I have ever seen. 

MVC-323S.JPG