Problem with window going up

v12lincoln

I put my windows up with the top for the first time in 6 years for a drive with the grandkids at Christmas time, when I got home I put the windows down and now they won't go back up, hydraulic electric Windows, working the switch  I can feel the solenoid on the the bottom on the window ram open but nothing when trying to raise it up.

can see the hydraulic line move but pressure isn't getting into ram.

are these rebuild able?

worse yet have a leak under the seat where all the lines for the top connect, will be working on that tomorrow.

I've had a terrible time with lines and cylinders being full of solidified brake fluid.  Some lines could be salvaged by rodding out with an old speedometer cable.  Cylinders can be removed and worked manually until free.  I use NAPA Valvoline Tractor Hydraulic Fluid.  Doesn't stain like automatic transmission fluid and smells better.  I'm also giving serious consideration to an electric lift kit for the windows, using original switches and a relay or two.

Abe

• 2 weeks later...

Got new ram in today from hydroelectric, replaced the old one and hooked up the lines and power, nothing, went through the system and everything is working as it should be, resivoir filled and power to solenoid but no clicking of solenoid.

took ram from driver side to test and it worked fine, sucks getting a brand new ram that doesn't work.

what makes me mad is the weather is perfect for driving around with the top down.

Hey Abe, if your still using brake fluid I would change it out to auto tranny fluid, that way if you do get a leak it won't ruin your paint.

V-12:

I've been though with brake fluid from day one, but still had to replace a lot of plumbing, getting pretty good at bending steel tubing.  One of my other vehicles is a tractor, so I use Valvoline tractor hydraulic fluid, get it at NAPA and doesn't smell or stain like tranny fluid.  I found a 1960 top pump on e-bay that fits under the rear seat.  Works great (after a rebuild) and makes more room under hood.  I was able to rod out the old cylinders with a flexible speedo cable and a lot of flushing.  Cleaned up the shafts with emory cloth.  I also still like the electric window idea, Speedway has kits, and I'm thinking I can make the original switches work with a relay or two.   Thanks for thinking of me.

Abe