'67 Power Steering hoses

RoadShark

Gearing up to do the headers on my car soon.  The steering box is loose too, so I have a new one and a new pump that I plan on doing at the same time.  It leaks all over the place right now.

Any guidance on what to do about the lines?  Should I reuse?

The pressure line is the one that looks like a problem to replace.  There are some universal kits and some "built-your-own" kits.  Either of which I'm willing to do.

Ultimately, I want it work and not leak.  Not overly worried about originality.

If you aren't able to find a stock replacement, just bring the original with you and take it to a Parker store.  They just made me a custom high steering pressure line for my Camaro last week.  Took them less than 10 min and cost was $24.  I initially built my own lines using a kit with the reusable compression fittings, but no matter what I tried, they leaked and I knew at some point it was going to pop off which would be catastrophic since the power steering line also feeds the hydroboost brake system I installed.

One other note if you do get the Parker lines.  They have their name and website address stamped on the hose in bright yellow.  I used a small amount of lacquer thinner on a towel to remove the writing and the hose is now just plain black and looks stock.  

If you aren't able to find a stock replacement, just bring the original with you and take it to a Parker store.  They just made me a custom high steering pressure line for my Camaro last week.  Took them less than 10 min and cost was $24.  I initially built my own lines using a kit with the reusable compression fittings, but no matter what I tried, they leaked and I knew at some point it was going to pop off which would be catastrophic since the power steering line also feeds the hydroboost brake system I installed.

One other note if you do get the Parker lines.  They have their name and website address stamped on the hose in bright yellow.  I used a small amount of lacquer thinner on a towel to remove the writing and the hose is now just plain black and looks stock.  

This is a good idea.  When you say "Parker" do you mean Parker-Hannifan?  I didn't think they did general public type stuff.  I only have experience with them on aerospace pumps.  

There should be a hydraulic house around here that does hoses.  I'll just have to track them down.

I think it may have been parker-hannifan at one time.  Now they are called Parker, at least the one near me.  The one near me deals primarily with industrial and commercial applications but the hoses are the same, actually stronger than automotive grade.  In my case I converted my fittings to AN-6 so it was very easy for them to make the hose but they seemed to have every fitting under the sun in the store, so as long as you bring the hose with you I'm sure they can replicate it

I did find this on Ebay.  it says it will fit a 67 Riviera so might be what you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Power-Steering-Pressure-Hose-821-/161480490312?fits=Year%3A1967%7CModel%3ARiviera&hash=item2598fcbd48:g:DoIAAOSwmUdUYTqP&vxp=mtr

Raul