53 Plymouth Hub/Drum Assemblies

Guest 53PlymAZ

Guest 53PlymAZ

I am in the process of working on a 1953 Plymouth Cranbrook Sedan.  I need 3 new hub/drum assemblies.  Due to the problems with left-hand threads on the driver's side and hard-to-find LH wheel bolts, I would like to use all right-hand (passenger) hub/drum assemblies.  I have one good one out of 4 currently.  I need 2 right rear and 1 right front.  If I can't get right-hand, I'll take 1 left front, 1 left rear, and 1 right rear.  Found two lefty selections on ebay, but wondered if anyone knew of any others with good drums and good thread holes. 

Would also like to know if these would interchange with any other years/makes so I can broaden my search???  HELP PLEASE IF YOU CAN!  Thanks in advance!

Guest 53PlymAZ

Try wildcat auto. They have a website.

I appreciate your response.  I actually sent Wildcat Mopars in Sandy, OR a request yesterday.  They replied this morning that if they had them, they would be $125 each plus shipping.  I think $125 each for used ones I won't even know are usable until I get them was pretty steep pricing.  There's a set of two used front ones on ebay for $75 plus shipping, and a single front left NOS on ebay for $80 plus shipping.  Looking for more options.  Thanks again!

Guest 53PlymAZ

Thanks...I've heard about helicoils, but wasn't sure they were safe on wheels.  At least one of my drums is beyond machining, as well.

Guest 53PlymAZ

Well, just as a follow-up to anyone who is interested or may be looking for something similar.  I had a very pleasant experience with Hidden Valley Auto Parts in Maricopa, AZ.  They called me back very promptly after checking they had the car/parts I was looking for.  They sold me the three right-hand hub/drums that I was looking for--fair price comparatively speaking, but nothing is cheap anymore.  They had a couple of them marked already with measurements, but measured all 3 again in front of me to ensure they were well within spec and could be machined no problem.

They have a large yard customers can visit (no tools--they pull for you), plus another large yard closed to the public, but they will go to every couple of weeks and pull needed parts.  They seemed to know their stuff, parts interchangeability, etc.  Very friendly, helpful, plus they have a 90-day warranty for returns without the hassle of some other places.  You can find them on the web.

They advised that the 1951 - 1955 Plymouth hub/drums are interchangeable in case anyone is wondering.  Now I just have to finish blasting, painting, and machining.  

Thanks again for everyone who responded with help.  It's nice to know people are reading these forums and interested in helping random strangers!  :D