Reatta seat cover questions

waltmail

No idea who tbe orignal supplier to GM was. Vollmer Plastic Extrusions (Voplex) made the door panels and most upholstered interior trim and they are long since out of business. There is nobody offering ready made (stocked) seat covers to my knowledge. Anything you get will have to be made to order. If you have a respected auto upholsterer anywhere near you that'd be your best bet. I have a guy about 45 minutes from me who does excellent work, and he has done some stuff for me I've been happy with.

KDirk

Edited by KDirk (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

Expensive by what standards?  I have a set of 16 way seats that I was looking into getting professionally done to show standards and they are a beautiful set to begin with, and my upholsterer who I have used and trust for 20 plus years said it would be close 3 grand - now I know I was going to get a better grade leather than original and they would be perfect in every way, but the seat package listed at BuickReattaParts isn't a bad buy if they are an exact match to original.  Of course if you can't do the work yourself you would have some expense having an upholsterer install them, but still for around 2 grand new seats. 

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

There are also lots of nice used seats out there if you are not looking for absolute show quality, and even then you can find some sweet ones.  Not purposely singling Marck at East Coast Reatta Parts out as there are many other great venders such as Jim Finn to name one other, but I bought a set of beautiful 16 way ones from Marck a couple years ago for what I thought was a fair price for as nice as they were. Another option for you.  If my Convertible sells I am going to have a beautiful set of Saddle 16 ways available, beautiful originals.

post-76001-0-28335200-1432417469_thumb.j

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)