winner tags

Ricko1937

I sold my car at Hershey and wanted to know about the National Award status. I have received Junior & Senior 1st and a Grand National 1st. If memory serves me correct the car will go to 1st Junior status. Does the Grand National tag also come off and do I keep these tags or turn them in to National Headquarters.

Richard,<P> You are correct that the vehicle is returned back to 1st Junior status once sold.<BR>The senior award tab should be sent back to to the Vice President of Senior Car Awards. In this case, that would Dave Berg and you'll find his address in your Antique Automobile magazine under AACA Officers. The AGNM award tag should be sent back to National Headquarters in Hershey.<P>Hope this helped, <BR>Rick

Richard ~ If you would like to have the tabs back as a memento, you may pay a small fee and they will be returned to you marked retired [or something like that]. Just check with HQ to determine the amount and procedure.<P>I had better qualify the above by saying that is the way it used to be. I may be so outdated that the procedures have changed. ~ hvs

Richard - Personally, I appreciate your concern about "playing by the rules".<P>The "SENIOR" tab I know belongs to the AACA.<P>Howard is correct. The National First Prize tab can be stamped "RETIRED" for a nominal fee, after you send it to Headquarters.<P>While walking the Car Corral at Hershey on Thursday, I noticed a car for sale that was "ratty" at best. It shocked the day lights out of me to see a "2001" AGNM PLAQUE on the grill. (my first reaction was the plaque was stolen. There was no way this car could have been at Moline this year. It was in dire need of a paint job, the engine compartment was filthy, the interior was another subject.)<P>Again, your integrity is appreciated in order to keep the AACA a great organization.<P>Thank you, Peter J. wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

Unless my memory is failing, I believe the National First Prize plaque remains with the vehicle. The senior tab and the Grand National tabs are to be removed by the seller and will eventually end up back at HQ.<P>The only way to get a retired First Prize tab is to recycle the car after 10 years or more has elapsed from the date the car won the 1st. In that case the owner returns the tab to HQ and can request that it be marked "Retired" and returned. ~ hvs