Two Tone. Can This be Right?

Guest Volksvolgen

Guest Volksvolgen

I just purchased the '47 Topedo in the attachment. For the most part it is original, but I have doubts about the two-tone paint scheme. Could it have possibly come from the factory or dealership with a paint scheme like this?

Also, what is the difference between a sport coupe and a business coupe? I have seen this body style referred to as both.

Thanks for your help.

post-62638-143138091868_thumb.jpg

Unless is was a special combination for some corporation I am pretty sure it didn't come this way. The plate on the firewall should tell you.

Since you car is a torpedo series it will be a 2527B if it is a business coupe 6 cyl or 2727B if it is a business coupe 8 cyl. If it were a sport coupe it would be 2527 or 2727 respectively. A business coupe only had a front seat (hence the 3 pass. capacity. The back seat area often came with flat wooden floor where salesmen could set their cases.

Guest Ravensmiles

Just a thought but the color scheme almost looks like something you'd see an a police cruiser.

Is that a possibility?

Guest Volksvolgen

Thanks, Tinindian and Ravensmiles for your advice and suggestions. I have not received the car yet, but I will research the firewall tag as soon as possible.

I know I will have many more questions once I take delivery.

Thanks for your help.

• 2 months later...
Guest Bob Call

I remember lots of post war Pontiacs with two tone paint but not with high contrast colors like the picture. They were usually different hues of the same color. This paint was what some owner wanted.

Given the fact that at the time the car was designed, they were trying to streamline and blend the fenders...not make them stand out, so it would really look better with the original all blue paint scheme...in my opinion.