mystery vacuum line on 65 rivi gs

arnulfo de l.a.

i have what appeares to be a vacuum hose coming off the primary carburater on the secondary throttle side. its near the top of the carb.i looked everywhere in the factory manual but could not find it. i dont know where it connects coming off the carb.im thinking it has to connect to something that comes into play when the secondaries open.i thought maybe a vacuum operated kick down on the tranny in addition to the electrcally operated one, but could not find anything in the manual that shows it .anyone got any idea where this mystery hose goes?the carbs are the original carters.

GRACIAS,

ARNULFO

ROA#11682

Arnuflo,

If it's coming off the top of the carb, close to where the air cleaner would seat, it's probably the fresh air hose for the hot air choke. It goes from the air horn on the carb to the bottom of the hear riser tube that runs through the passenger side exhaust manifold. It supplies fresh air for the tube that's hooked to the choke. If you put your finger over the end of it, you'll not feel any vacuum; it's above the venturi area and there's no vacuum there.

Ed

ed,

just to make sure i understand what you are saying, the steel heat riser tube goes from the carb thermostatic coil housing THROUGH the passenger side exhaust manifold, connects to a rubber hose (which is my mystery hose) and ends in the air horn of the carb. on my car, the heat riser tube goes directly from the thermostatic coil housing to the passenger side exhaust manifold and ends there.i felt around the manifold to see if there was a hole ,weld , or piece of tubing protruding from it but there was nothing.this hose is about 6"- 8" long with a plastic "T" fitting spliced into the middle of it with the 3rd leg of the "T" capped off with what appears to be a factory plug.i know it was connected somewhere because the end of the hose if flared bigger than the rest of the hose from being connected to something.ARNULFO