Instrument panel face plate 1930 Buick

tly410

I am in need of the sheet metal instrument panel face plate for a 1930 Buick. This is the flat sheet metal piece that has holes for the all gauges, controls and switches. Please contact me if you have access to one or know where I can find one. Thanks for the help.

Tim York BCA# 32988

For 1930 the plates are identical physically for 40, 50, and 60 series. This finish is different for the 50 and 60 series which are woodgrained. If the 1929 plate will work on the 1930, it will therefore fit any of the 1930 series other than the Marquette.

Thanks,

From what little I know...... the dash for all models in 1930 were interchangeable with respect to size and configuration, which agrees with Michael's reply. My understanding was the woodgrain finish was correct for 60 series only and black for 40 and 50 series, but I'm not sure. I like the woodgrain finish so if it was indeed correct for a 50 series that would be great. I also think the dash style and gauge shapes were different from year to year, so I don't think one from a 29 would be correct for a 30 car. In regard to Mark's reply, my car is a model 57 which I believe is considered a Master.

Tim; French lake Junkyard in Minnesota had a 29, I don't know the model, siting out in the junk yard. A long time ago maybe 20 years? they bought out a old old yard in downtown= north Minneapolis

with some beautiful old 20s-30s dash plates complete with gauges. They were hanging from the rafters on the second level of a new pole barn at that time and there were Buick plates but I don't know

the years or models? email flap@lkdlink.net or 320-274-8497 Stormin Norm BCA 1069

Guest mclbuick2002

I have a spare somewhat rusty metal plate from a 40 series.They were painted black. Send private message so I can get your email with address .I have many spares for a 1930 40 series including all body parts,wood wheels,brake drums , frames , trans etc.

Stan

B.C.