'64 Brake Booster

Guest Kingoftheroad

Guest Kingoftheroad

Anyone know where to find a brake booster for a 64 Riv ?? Or a booster from another year and/or model that would fit without modification to the firewall ??

Guest Kingoftheroad
I have one on my 63 parts car,think there the same as 64-the 63s vacume hose comes off of the topyou can have it if it will work for you ,or use as a tradein to deweys for a rebuilt 64-let me know if you want it-TeNugent roa 12969

Thanks, but I don't know if 63 & 64 boosters are the same or not..

Guest slacker1965
Anyone know where to find a brake booster for a 64 Riv ?? Or a booster from another year and/or model that would fit without modification to the firewall ??

I used a cheapo offshore universal ebay unit on my 65 driver that I converted to a dual m/c setup. no firewall changes, but I did have to add to the rod that goes between the booster & m/c...no big deal if you have access to a welder. my oe rod had a adjustable tip to get the airgap right...no reman units were avail at the parts houses at the time& I didn't want to step up to Dewey's rebuild(budget issues)

good luck

k

Yea, i think i got mine at o'reilly's as well now that i think about it. I had redone the brake lines, all the brake pads/shoes, rebuilt the wheel cylinders, new master cylinder and i was still without brakes. So, that being the only thing i had not replaced i went ahead and did that as well. I think the diaphram was in about the same shape as any other rubber on the car, which means shot to hell. If it was rubber or an electrical connector it was crap on my car and needed to be replaced. The more i think about it, probably need to gut all the wiring and rewire it as well while i've got it mostly blown apart.

-Jeff

• 3 weeks later...