off topic.2003 blazer from new york a good buy?

handmedownreatta

im looking at a 2003 blazer.i like it because its only got 132000 miles and also because its a two door and five speed.i just found out its from new york.i looked under it and saw only surface rust but ive always heard never buy a car from up north.anyone know if a 2003 chevy rusts out badly?

Guest Corvanti

if it's only surface rust and no cancer (rust holes), i'd go for it - if the price is right for you. once purchased, i'd get underneath her and scrape the surface rust off, clean and use Por-15 or a similar rust inhibitor.

is it a 4wd and have the V6? i think the V6 was a 4.3L...:)

thats another reason i want it.4.3 two wheel drive.better gas mileage and less to break.
I have a 1999 S-10 Blazer 2 door. 2 wheel drive, that I've owned since 2002. It had 32000 miles when I got it. 110k now. It has been almost trouble free. Just routine maintenance like battery, alternator and brakes. Only unexpected thing was the heater core went out that requires pulling the entire dash to replace. Bad design on that. I turned it over to mechanics that had experience at doing it. Don't count on good gas mileage. 17-18 around town and 20-22 on a trip is about as good as it gets.

i need something to drive to work with room for tools.right now its the reatta.it gets 19mpg around town so this shouldn't be much worse.i was looking at minivans but the only dependable ones seem to be chrysler.i prefer rear wheel drive and straight drive because they are easier to work on and straight drives seem to be more durable.