Forest Grove Concours d'Elegance outside of Portland, OR this Sunday, July 20, 2014

MarrsCars

post-83411-14314262207_thumb.jpg

Wanted to share this post with you all. Most of you seem to be on the East Coast or middle part of the country but if anyone is in the area this is really a top shelf show, the organizers using their long standing connections to many local collections to bring out the very best cars.

Hope to see some of you there!

Save the Date: Forest Grove Concours d'Elegance- Sunday, July 20, 2014

post-83411-143142622065_thumb.png

I was just trying to decide whether to make the 160 mi. trip (one way) when I noticed the thread. I used to go almost every year when Pierce Arrow group had a Saturday night dinner at George Chobin's Maricus restaurant (please excuse the spelling). Twice I have shown cars there, the first time thirty five years ago, where has the time gone! Both times I was fortunate enough to win my class, so my memory of participation have always been positive. As a spectator I have always found the low key environment with the fine quality and eclectic mix of cars very enjoyable.-Bill

As a spectator I have always found the low key environment with the fine quality and eclectic mix of cars very enjoyable.-Bill

I took a couple of friends who had never been to a Concours before and they both commented how much more casual this event was than they expected. Sure there were a few folks in ascots having wine and cheese from baskets positioned at the rear of their Isotta Fraschini, but generally speaking the joy of this show is the organizers do focus more on the overall car than every detail being correct. No white gloves here, just 300 fine cars gathering stares.

Here's an article about a ride my buddy gave a local reporter in a '66 Ferrari 330GT.