Torque Converter, front pump for 1963 Dynaflow

JanZverina

Guest Rob McDonald

JAN, I can't help you with any parts but I can assure you that Dynaflows are rebuildable and many parts are readily available. In an large city like San Diego, there must be several transmission shops that have at least one oldtimer, who's familiar with with these lumps. They don't even have to be old - the guy who recently overhauled my Dynaflow is only in his 30s; he just knows how things work and can read a shop manual. Good luck with it.

Thanks, Rob. I have the knowledgeable people lined up to do the rebuild, but the torque converter is truly toast. Many of the fins are broken off and caused a lot of internal scoring an shearing (I will try and get some pix). My new question is if a '61 and '63 Dynaflow converter are interchangeable.

• 2 months later...
Guest RolandGM60

Jan,

did you find out if there is any interchangability for converter (60 to 61 etc...) ?

I have a 60 dynaflow and I need a new converter too but cant find the right year !!

Anyone got a good 1960 transmission ?

Guest 42buickman
Jan,

did you find out if there is any interchangability for converter (60 to 61 etc...) ?

I have a 60 dynaflow and I need a new converter too but cant find the right year !!

Anyone got a good 1960 transmission ?

I have one that I just pulled out of a '62 Electra, also have one from a '61, supposedly. Paul