***1973 Buick Century GS 455 Stage 1 w/Muncie 4 spd*** 1 of only 7 straight from factory that year

Guest Grizzly13

Guest Grizzly13

I have a 1973 Buick Century GS 455 Stage 1 w/Muncie 4 speed, all #'s matching. It is 1 of only 7 straight from the factory that year with this engine & transmission package. Does anyone have info on this rare combo. I have only found 1 of the other 6 which was featured in a car mag years ago. Any info is greatly appreciated!

• 3 months later...
Guest gford455
I have a 1973 Buick Century GS 455 Stage 1 w/Muncie 4 speed, all #'s matching. It is 1 of only 7 straight from the factory that year with this engine & transmission package. Does anyone have info on this rare combo. I have only found 1 of the other 6 which was featured in a car mag years ago. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Grizzly

You have 1 of 94 as there were 94 73 Stage 1 Centurys built with a 4 speed

Garry

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gford455
Grizzly

You have 1 of 94 as there were 94 73 Stage 1 Centurys built with a 4 speed

Garry

Sorry.........I pulled the 94 figure from memory. As you can see in another post in this thread the correct number is 92.

Garry

• 9 months later...

I have 2 of the 1973 Century Gran Sport Stage 1 4 speed cars. One is undergoing a body off restoration right now. (Sept 2005 Hemmings Muscle Machines) The other is also just getting a fresh coat of paint now. 92 Stage 1 4 speeds were built in 1973.