'39 Disc Brake conversion

Hi,

Anyone ever done a '39 Power Disc Brake conversion? I am curious if this can be done and what master cylinder and booster and pedal ssembly were used. This is a rod with a 350 chevy and automatic. Any help is always appreciated.

Folks,

I also need to know what the front coil spring rates and size should be for the 1939 Century with a Chevy 350 installed. I intend to use the original front suspension (for now) and to convert to power disc brakes. Anyone with experience with the weight differential between the original straight eight and the v8???? Brad30

I guess my question is why? I've been driving '39 Buicks since 1955, and they stop great! So, why go to the trouble of putting in disc brakes. The disc brakes on my modern Buick warp and thump about every 10-15000 miles. The drum brakes never have ever done that.

• 7 months later...

Swap in 50-53 spindles, and go with Scarebird disc brake kit. He sells the bracketry and gives you a OEM parts list for all the parts you can source from NAPA, or other vendors. If you don't want to offend those objecting to disc brake conversions, use 55 Roadmaster brakes (backing plates out) in the aforementioned spindles.