Is this truck a 26 Chevy 1 ton?

Guest StanChevy1935

Guest StanChevy1935

First I want to thank Mr. Matthew C. Hinson for the guidance on using AACA forums correctly.

I have found a way to greatly enlarge the photo of my Grandfather's ice truck, which is attached.

It appears to look a lot like a 1926 Chevy 1 ton from the photos on the internet. The sliding doors have been removed. The roof line is a little different, flat instead of a slight curve. The wheels, front suspension, windshield, & cab look the same. Some have these headlights (bullet form), others have cylindrical form.

I say 1926 because the 1927's have hinged doors? yes/no??, and the 1925's have smaller tires? yes/no???

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated, thanks

post-68993-143138746967_thumb.jpg

StanChevy1935,

No thanks necessary.

Glad you were able to get the larger photo file. I have no idea what the truck is, but I feel certain that someone will be able to ID it from the photo now.

Guest StanChevy1935

Thanks everyone for you quick responses. I didn't think of that key possibility that the truck took a beaten delivering heavy blocks of ice and my Grandfather had the sheet metal on wood body redone locally or with friends and family. After all, it was the depression era. All the other aspects, besides the cab, match the 1927 Chevrolet Capitol. Thanks you.