50's or 60's police radio.

I recently became the proud owner of a police car radio from the '50's or 60's. I bought a building that was storage for a Dodge dealer from the '30's through the '60's and it still had stuff on the shelves. This radio must have been a take-off from a trade-in cop car. It's about the size and weight of a suitcase full of lead, with loads of wire, cables, bakelite phone receiver and microphone, etc.

My question is - is there anyone out there that might have an interest in this beast? It's too heavy to ship, so pick-up is the only option. I'll be at Hershey and could drag it there. I'd like to donate it to a non-profit car museum, but none seem to be into police cars.

Any options out there?

Thanks,

Phil.

Guest noncompos

So see what adds/s is/are given for Officers or people to contact and put it on Craigslist for offers in their home towns...a long shot but it's free.

Another thought is for sites of other emergency vehicle enthusiaists, who could've used the same radios and/or who'll probably know of police car fanciers/contacts. Good luck.

I might take it to Hershey next week. I like to bring something different to the stand to stop people. At least there i'll have better luck finding someone that thinks he really needs it. You know, for that Dragnet car he's been thinking of building.

Phil.

Stuff like that I run on eBay in a "good until cancelled" "Buy it Now or Best Offer" listing with "Local Pickup Only" in great big red letters in the description. At 20 cents a month, if it takes 2 or 3 years to find a buyer, who cares? It does work, I've sold quite a few things that way.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...