Need a dynaflow for my 55 Special

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

The shop working on my 55 called tonigjt and said that the transmission from my 55 is just wore out.and he thinks it might be better to find another transmission. Any leads are appreciated

Guest MARTINOS1

i have a 57 roadmaster i am parting out. i have the motor and trans for sale. i dont know how to put pictures on this site. leave email or contact me at martinos1@comcast.net..i just listed a few items on ebay, and will be adding more at MARTINOSPARADISE.. but i have not yet listed the trans until tonight. you can see the pictures at .... 1957 BUICK ROADMASTER 364 NAILHEAD REBUILT MOTOR - eBay (item 130490562864 end time Mar-02-11 20:07:42 PST) ... thanks

Guest sintid58

I am pretty sure they changed the Dynaflow between 55 and 56 so the 57 will be different. Not sure if it will fit but with the torque tube and such unless the length is the same it probably won't fit. I am pretty sure someone on this forum will know the answer and chime in and if it will work I am interested. Probably would perform better than then 55 did originally.

Sid:

I have a dynaflow from a '53 Super that I will not be using. I bought as being rebuilt and I have a receipt showing the work. Never been in a car since the rebuild. I am not a dynaflow expert by any stretch but I do think that the '53 was different than later years and maybe different than a '54. I am sure others on this site can confirm as Mr. Earl has indicated about 54-56.

If it would work for you the price will be right and I could meet you at exit 16 in Michigan or at the Elkhart plaza on 80 the next time your are out this way.

Have a safe ride!

Gary

I am pretty sure they changed the Dynaflow between 55 and 56 so the 57 will be different. Not sure if it will fit but with the torque tube and such unless the length is the same it probably won't fit. I am pretty sure someone on this forum will know the answer and chime in and if it will work I am interested. Probably would perform better than then 55 did originally.

Won't fit. Not even close............Bob