1956 pontiac information needed

Guest adamjkal

Guest adamjkal

Hello, I am new to the forums but am in need of information. I have just bought a basket case 1956 pontiac star chief 2 door hard top. If there is information out there i am having trouble finding it. If someone could point me in the right direction please. I need lower door skins will chevy trifive skins fit? I am also looking for a right lower control arm does it interchange with other gms of that era? Any information would be great. It also came with a lot of extra hard to find parts i dont need.

hi adam, 55-56-57 pontiac shared fisher body parts with 55-56-57 chevy, two door pontiac hardtop, convertible, two door sedan should share the same lower skin or patch panels. lower control arms should be the same as 55 pontiacs. you can find just about all the information you'll need for your 1956 pontiac starchief catalina on this website, www.pontiacsafari. com, also check out the pontiac oakland club's site, Pontiac, Oakland, and GMC Truck owners and enthusiasts - we invite you to join! - Pontiac-Oakland Club International, the pontiacsafari site is owned by poci's 1956 pontiac tech advisor, larry gorden, i have a 53 pontiac chieftain custom catalina, charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor, poci.

• 3 years later...
Guest pontiacgeorge
Hello, I am new to the forums but am in need of information. I have just bought a basket case 1956 pontiac star chief 2 door hard top. If there is information out there i am having trouble finding it. If someone could point me in the right direction please. I need lower door skins will chevy trifive skins fit? I am also looking for a right lower control arm does it interchange with other gms of that era? Any information would be great. It also came with a lot of extra hard to find parts i dont need.

Hi yes chevy parts fit either from Danchuk, carsinc.com the Pontiac parts supplies are Ames performance [amesperf.com ] or California Pontiac parts [cpr] on ebay.

What unwanted parts do you have?

George.