heater questions

okdave

my 41 lz four door does not have a heater. the cables to the controls have been cut. on the right side of the exhaust pipe is a muffler looking device that has two large holes with flanges on them. is this part of a hot air heater. how did it work and how did it connect. what kind of ducts or hoses were used to connect the heater to the heat exchanger? any other tips on heaters would be appreciated.

david davis

Guest imported_raywilks

i can put you in touch with a junkyard in gainesville fla where there is a '41 4 door with a complete southwind gas heater, looks super. i took the carb and spacer from under the carb about 3 months back. i did not break any of the lines etc.the drive train is still complete in the car, looked like not a lot was gone till i got the above pieces and dist/coil setup. let me know if you want to go that way. thanks, ray wilks.

While doing research on my '41, I came across a picture of what appears to be the shroud under the dash for a 1941 hot-air heater, I have misplaced the pic right now, but it is a very different looking heater, sitting right in the center of the firewall, my car has only the hot-air motor and defroster ducts, was surprised that when putting power to the motor, it turns grudgingly, and the dash switch still works. South Wind Heaters were strictly after-market, good heaters, but with gas over $3 a gallon, might consider a heavier coat. Anyone know of any reproduced parts for hot-air heaters?? And has anyone found a way to replace cut off heater controls?? I don't know why people always cut them in two, R

Guest imported_raywilks

i will make this post as short as possible. the junkyard with the '41 linc 4 door is Roadside Relics,352-692-3394. owner is Al Kamlah, right hand man is Chuck. open only on wednesdays, located in gainesville, fla. lincoln cars of interest in the yard are: 37-38 coupe,'41 coupe, '41 4 door,'46-47 sedan.in my opinion they are too far gone to salvage any sheetmetal but lots of other parts ok.Al also has other and better lincolns for sale including a '42 club coupe and a '46 club coupe, both these cars need total restoration but are not junk by any means. he also has 2 or more V-12 engines for sale. of you contact them, please tell them i sent you. many thanks, ray wilks.