questions on buying a reatta

i am considering buying a reatta. I plan on spending $3000-$4000. I wanted to know what kind of shape i can expect a reatta in that price range. Or what I can expect to get for that much, what kind of problems i can expect and what the pluses would be. Im looking for a 1990 or newer. Probably hard top although a convertable would be cool. And would prefer with out the touch screen to eliminate expensive problems. any info would be great or any "reatta for sale sightings would be helpful. Thanks

Convertible is impossible at that price. Hardtop of reasonable condition probable. Try ebay and autotrader.com and this forum.<P>Touch screen CRT is one of the best features of a Reatta (my opinion). <BR>Read everything on this forum and Reatta.net Brakes big potential problem, sunroofs rarely work, engine bullet proof, transmissions typical, many parts scarce and/or expensive.<P>Outstanding help available here.<BR>Watch for rust on front fenders (joke do you know why?)<P>Good choice of special interest cars, enjoy Robert

Renthead,<BR>We might be able to help with Reattas for sale if we knew what area you live in, unless you are willing to travel far.<BR>Typical problems: Brakes--watch for abs and brake light warnings.Check-engine light on-<BR>possible sensor or computer related components problems.Any chipped/broken windsheilds,side vent window-mirror breakage-<BR>very expensive to replace.Sunroofs-rarely operative.Headlight switch/dash light problems.Power windows-slow motors.Front and rear stuts-if have not been replaced -probably will need to be.Headlight doors-inoperative or slam closed. Saggy headliners.<BR>Flaking clearcoats on some paint colors.<BR>Im summary: I f car is well taken care of a majority of these things may have been taken care of or if low mileage may not need taken care of yet.The Reatta is a unique and fun driving vehicle.The drivetrain is dependable and usually can get decent gas mileage if set -up right.SORRY if too long.<BR>RonVB wink.gif" border="0

Geeeee.. with all those problems why would anyone want one?<P>Start with very good looking, sporty, lots of room for a two seater, all option that the average demanding owner could want, good mileage, and all of you people on this site helping support the dream.

I bought an 89 a few months ago and have been fixing it up. It has been a really good experience because of the help from this forum. I paid $2400 for my 89 with 157,000 miles. I have spent another $1400-1500 fixing it up. If I could get another Reatta for $2400 in the same shape, I'd buy another. The only thing that I worry about is glass. The parts I have needed were all fairly easy and reasonable to come by. I haven't needed any glass parts, but I will need to swallow hard if I do.

Renthead and Barney Eaton,<BR>I am by no means trying to dicourage the original author of this posting. Quite the contrary I love my Reatta! <BR>The author asked what kind of problems they should look for. These are items that I have seen that are common with high mileage or vehicles not taken care of as well as a few weakspots of the car regardless of mileage.<BR>I believe every vehicle manufactured has it's strong and weak points.<BR>Renthead---don't be discouraged--just read some of the posts here and look the Reatta of your choice over well before buying.<BR>Barney----sorry if I sounded negative.<P>RonVB wink.gif" border="0

Renthead... touch screen was only available in 88 and 89. There are great deals on Reattas all over the place. You'll even find one <B>here[/n] occasionally. L.I. has some teriffic prices. A really</B> nice one sold on ebay yesterday for $4350. Good luck.