BCA/Reatta Division membership has it's benefeits!! JOIN NOW!

manikmekanik

Yes, There ARE benefeits to being a BCA/Reatta Division member!

You never know when you'll get a call to invite you to an event hosted by April and Ron, of the BCA/Reatta division! And when/if you do, BE THERE - OR BE SQUARE!!

6-2-07inMISpeedwaypits019.jpg

Occasionally, there are "open" events, to which all Reatta owners, and AACA/BCA/Reatta discussion members are welcome. But, some events, (THE BEST ONES!) are organized for BCA/Reatta division members only!

...and then there are some, (although rare as our cars!), where there are only a select few invited, based upon geographical location, or car/owner notariety/novelty, and availability.

I felt blessed to have been invited to this "Once in a lifetime event", and dropped EVERYTHING to attend, the day my Dad, (Psychomekanik), was to fly into Milwaukee from Cape Fear, NC, and the day before a B-O-P show and racing at Great Lakes Dragaway, my local dragstrip, where Nanomekanik works. (I hope Dad was'nt too upset, being left at the airport! I have'nt heard from him yet, and it's been 2.5 days!)

April and Ron Gill hosted an invitational event at Michigan International Speedway, June 2, 2007. Only a limited number of cars could participate, and the selection process had to be difficult, at best. They brought in a great crowd, with some of the finest, rarest Reattae, in all colors, except Maui blue.

6-2-07inMISpeedwaygate13001.jpg

I met up with Jim and Rich at George's house on the south side of Chicago, and we hit the road for MIS, in our own little "Reatta Convoy" of 4 cars, for a 300-mile tour.

6-1-07onthehywaytoMIS047.jpg

April had the pole position, and came in as "The Winner"

6-2-07underthepoleatMISpeedway011.jpg

...and, BOY, were Ron's legs tired, after chasing her around with the checkered flags! Ron won 2nd place!

6-2-07underthepoleatMISpeedway007.jpg

...and we all parked under the pole for the "Glamour Photo"

6-2-07underthepoleatMISpeedway005.jpg

"Black Beauty" brought up the rear, as always, representing her twin, the last Reatta convertible built, in GM's Heritage Collection.

A fantastic time was had by all!

Now it's time to "Pay the Piper" and apply for membership to the Buick Club of America! Feel Free to use me as your sponsor, my BCA member number is at the bottom of all my posts. Then, you can apply to be a Reatta division member, but only after joining BCA, and of course, you must own a Reatta. (I could help 'yall out there, too!) The BCA/Reatta division is among the most exclusive auto clubs in the world, be a member of the chosen few!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We welcome anyone with a Reatta to Brewerton, NY...anytime. </div></div>

Any Reatta owner is also welcome anytime at Willow Pond Farm, here in Cheezeland!

InnauguralReattaRetreatatWillowP-7.jpg

...and to many Reatta div. functions, nationwide! Unlike some car clubs.

But, for BCA shows, you must be a BCA member to enter your Reatta, but not to attend!

When there are special events, with only a limited number allowed, BCA/Reatta division members may get the call(s) first, for a club function. As with annual meetings at BCA National events, only members can guide the club's direction, and vote. Hosts of such limited-venues could not invite all Reatta owners to an event where only 20 or so cars can be permitted by the venue's rules, or we'd see 70+ owners duke-ing it out over the few positions allowed. Only on very rare occasions would members-only be the rule.

The BCA/Reatta division IS inclusive, as witnessed at our events, where many non-members are invited, and attend. Recruiting is never stressed at these events, but mentioned as an option for Reatta owners to join our community, not a strict requirement for attending our "open" events.

April & Ron invited ALL Reatta owners, nationwide, to the "Homecoming" event, and we filled each venue with more non-members than members. No-one was snobbish, no-one was judged on membership, nor status, nor their car's year/color/style, or condition. We all enjoyed one another's company, revelled over each other's cars, and had a great time.

Even at the Innaugural Reatta Retreat, here in America's Dairyland, nearly half the attendees were NOT BCA/Reatta division members. Some may decide to apply for membership, and I will proudly sponsor them, as I would ANY Reatta owner who wishes to apply.

No telling, maybe other members, or non-members, will set-up another event, at another speedway, elsewhere! NYBobp is in range of Watkins Glen, Tonivisa is near Atlanta, OldBuickMan is near Milwaukee mile, I may get us in at Great Lakes Dragaway, Maybe George could find a way into Chicagoland Speedway, as others nationwide could pull strings at thier local rcaeways. Everyone can't goto every event, but may make the ones within a few hours from home.