Antilock Brake Sensor

Guest grkman1

Guest grkman1

My mechanic said that I need a front left brake sensor for the antilock system. The yellow light is on, and I have personally changed the accumulator to no avail.

He said he tried to find the sensor but had no luck. Can anyone tell me where I can get one and about how much do they run?

Thanks

Jim has them. Just be aware that the codes in the book may not match the code being generated. I would suggest disconnecting the sensor you suspect at the connector on the other side of the wheel well and see if the code changes.

Are essentially two sensors - a long one for the rear axle and a short one for the front. The steering knuckle seems to be drilled and tapped for both sides (sensor just uses one screw to hold).

My problem was cracked insulation that shorted when I went over a bump.

BTW the Accumulator is in the boost system which is related to the red brake light. I have not seen an accumulator make just the yellow light come on (unless the red light is broken).

Guest tomt

I showed a bad sensor, but the problem ended up being the master brake relay. you might try switching them around to see if that's the problem, and then replaceing them. This will cause the antilock light to come on. It's a quick and easy fix. Manik showed me just how easy at the meeting in WI.

Tom T.

Guest mongeonman

The wires from my front sensors had broken because of the wheels turning and the insulation had dryed ,i welded the wires back together,and to fix the braided wire mech i took some from a coax cable,i finally insulated them with a shrink tube,it did a very good job,everyting works fine,no yellow or red light.The reason i fixed them is that they are not avalable in Canada and to save $$$$.

A local business accidently destroyed my front right sensor when changing the hub in my Reatta about 3 weeks ago. The business reimbursed me, but I had to track down the part. Go to any Chevy dealership and ask them to do a parts check of other dealerships across the country. They found me one.