Antique Oldsmobile clock

koesterr

I have an old, oldsmobile clock I just aquired and would like to know if anyone knows from what year old's it came from. It is made of stainless steel and is 2 3/4" in diameter and is 2"tall. It has a flange mount about 3/4" back from the face of the clock. In the flange is 3 countersunk mounting holes. It looks like it sticks out of the dash the 3/4". On the face is written Eight Day Rim Wind and above the letter 6 (for 6 oclock) is the work Oldsmobile and below the 12 noon is a second hand and inside of that is the words Eight Day and under that is the words Rim Wind. Hope some one can identify this for me. Thanks, Richard koesterr4@sbcglobal.net

Richard; sounds like you have a "rim wind"/"rim set" clock. A great accessory. Try this; turn the rim while holding the clock body, and you will be winding it. Next, while holding the body pull the rim away from it, once the rim moves out about a quarter of an inch it will be engaged to set the time. Finally, look at the clock close, as I believe you might find that it is nickel plated and not stainless.None-the-less you have a great piece of automobiliana which should be a great accessory for the teens and twenties. Enjoy it. Regards; oldiron