41 seat perch question

Guest bkazmer

Guest bkazmer

I thank in advance my "on-line support group" as things are going back together on the interior, and I'm discovering new areas of my ignorance daily.

There are oak strips drilled to accept the bolts into the floor. I assume the seat rails mount above these, or are they a vestige of some size fitting from a previous owner? There are two strips per side - is this to allow a strap or welt in between?

I would have to take apart my entire sill an carpeting to fully see what you mean.

I cannot see, nor do I remember wood under my seat mechanism. I suspect that they have been

added by someone over time.

Those are a correct Packard part - I have NOS ones with part numbers. They were to adjust the seat to fit the driver. Packard was in business to sell cars and keeping the new owner comfortable goes a long way towards that. I think you may even find mention of these in the service bulletins. You may well like it with them in. Dave

Guest bkazmer

thanks, Dave. There are two per side, a thin one and a thick one, so I guess there are 4 "height settings" for the seat. Was any welting or pad used , or just directly stack and bolt? This should be fun getting my Packard "fitted."