Teves replacement

JWC

I need to change out the Teves unit on one of my Reatta's (pedal slowly goes to floor)I have a good used one from one of my parts car and when I removed it I just cut the lines that go to this unit.

What I would like to know is there an easy way to remove the brake lines that come off the bottom of this unit? There doesn't seem an easy access to them.

Guest wally888

Several owners ave reported the pedal goes to floor. I had 2 which did same, very slowly. May not be a problem?!

I would think the Brake Test results would clarify?

If there is air in the system.......................it compresses and you have a soft pedal=pedal to floor!

A new accumulator feels MUCH DIFFERENT from what I thought was the norm. My pedal used to go down to the floor only if I stood on it or needed brakes (mind you, I'm 200+ pounds and can exert outrageous amounts of down-force; last measured in free-weights at over 450# before I couldn't be held down anymore). New accumulator is MUCH STIFFER and, though I can still get it down there, it's not what I would call "easy". Feels like you'd expect from one of today's new cars, if that helps, compared to the older "hoopties".