Also looking for a good '90 or '91 coupe,

Danno

I've already said this on another thread about this vehicle, but it bears repeating here:

I wouldn't touch this car with a ten foot pole. This is the third time it's been listed on Ebay during the past month. Supposedly, it was sold each time, only to reappear a week or two later. I called the dealership twice, and their story varies depending on whom you talk to. Although the car is listed as "No Reserve", I think they're bidding on it themselves through a third party to run up the price, and if no one outbids them in the last few seconds, they just relist it again. The first time the bid stood at $6,750, and I bid $6,900 with ten seconds to go, only to be "outbid" by one other bidder, who supposedly won the auction. Two weeks ago it reappeared, and stood at $6,300 with less than a minute to go. I set my maximum bid at $7,000, and submitted my bid with ten seconds to go. Once again, I was outbid by the "winner". Now the car is listed again. This thing is as suspect as a trout wearing shoes.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the leads. What a great forum. Well, it only took a little more than a month, but today I was able to test drive a '91 coupe and was disappointed that at 6', I only had an inch of headroom, and that was with the seat fully lowered. What gives? If I really sat up straight, my head would hit. Were these cars really built for sub 6' occupants? Say it aint so!

It did have a sunroof. Thanks, that explains it. Do you have the interior specs on with and without? I'd still like to find one if it's substantial. Whew, glad I asked. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

I have 90 red coupe I'd be happy to sell you at a very fair price. I bought it with 9200 miles on it and it now has 170K. It has been

car, I've loved every minute of driving it. I won't pretend it doesn't have it's problems ... all seemingly on the mid-minor range ...

nothing mechanical that I know of. I have most, if not all, service records since purchase. If you'd like to see it, please send a PM

and we can set something up. Today is the 18th of May and I will be out of town from tomorrow until the 25th.