Say Hi to the noob

JonW

Hey, everyone! I recently acquired my '68 last fall, but had to put it in storage for the winter. We've had a rough winter (by our standards) here in southwest Missouri. I haven't even been able to take any photos of the car yet, the photo in the sigpic is the photo from eBay. Since then, I've had the car buffed and waxed and it looks a lot better.

I've been looking for a '68 or '69 off and on for almost 10 years, but could only find high-point show cars or junk or a color I didn't like. Wanting bucket seats made the search that much more difficult. But I finally found this car. It has 145,000 miles and is all original except for paint. Most of the car is in very nice condition, but it is not a show car by any means. It was purchased new by a woman in San Jose, CA, and she kept it until she died. Her brother ended up with the car and he didn't want it, so he sold it to a used car dealer who in turn put it on eBay. I have a huge notebook that came with the car that has the window sticker, P-O-P, bill of sale, and tons of receipts for the car. I even have the selling dealer's license plate frames! Some of the options include bucket seats, a/c, deluxe wheel covers, and AM/FM stereo.

Someday I hope to get it repainted, the bumpers rechromed, and the weatherstripping replaced. I'll also pull the engine and transmission and go through them. But I won't do much more than that, since I want to keep it as original as possible. It will never be a show car, since that would destroy too much of the originality.

Hope to see some of you in Branson in May.

Jon

Welcome to the ROA forum Jon !

A very nice looking original '68, but you might say I'm a little partial to that particular year !

All the original purchase information/documents are a bonus to have, in addition to the car.

Hope you enjoy your new/old Riviera fully this season - won't be long now.

Guest Jimmyriv

Hey Jon,

Your 68 doesn't look like it needs very much work from here. It's pretty hard to keep a car near perfect if you plan on driving it much. I drive my 65 as much as I can in the dry warm months. That's why I bought it. I don't think most people that don't really drive their cars are enjoying them. I get a bigger kick out of seeing people enjoying seeing my car when I drive it. I get a lot of compliments and thumbs up from everyone. It's kind of strange that a lot of the younger generation are really into these older cars. I guess all the new ones looking alike has finally caught up with that boredom. Good for us old car guys........