George Schebler's V-12 roadster/ Christie's FWD racer

Do you mean two cars or Three cars? There are certainly surviving photos of Two quite different Christies. One was an inline 4cyl; and the other was a huge V4. Photos of both have been in HCC Gazette in fairly recent times, one with an account of the final burialof the remains of one when an old property on Long Island was bulldozed, and noon ethought there was enough left to rescue. The writer, "Earl Filter", relates a lot of very interesting technical and sociological stuff. Oil Filter? When was the first full flow oil filter? 1911 Napier had a metal gauze screen between the punp and the crankshaft, but who else did the same? Napier filter was easy to service, and about good enough to stop the biggest rocks.

Ivan Saxton

• 4 years later...
Guest abruce_schebler

I believe the V12 engine is at the MI. Ford Museum. And the car no one knows. I am part of the Schebler family. This year is the 100th year of the Indy 500. We are trying to piece together lost history. Especially fine out what happened to all his cars, and all sorts. Right now I am trying to do a pedition to save his house, from a commercial development. GMS. And it is truly a mystery where that car has gone. People do remember it in Batesville, IN. But then the trail stops. Trying to preserve history, and trying to match up the missing pieces. Know anything let me know.

Mr. Schebler, what an honor. The Marmon Club will be attending Indy's Centennial celebration, a few Marmon descendats will be coming and it would be such a great addition to have you come as well. The event is May 13 and 14. Over a hundred Marmon's and Stutz's and several other classics. Please feel free to PM me or write to samdbarnett@bellsouth.net if you'd like info. We have some great car guys and whole lot of Schebler carbs. Sure would love to hear about the family, history etc... Thank You for your time. - Sam Barnett, Executive Vice President, The Marmon Club