build sheets for Dodge Brothers

Did Dodge maintain copies of their build sheets, the way Chrysler did? If yes, to whom can you write to get a copy? I have build sheets for my Airflows, etc., but I picked up a very nice original '29 DA late last year, and I only know its history back to about 1970.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you but I will answer your question in the way that I understand it and hope it helps. Yes a build sheet is available as I have one for my car. What you have to do is write to Daimler Chrysler Historical (which I can provide address and # for if you like) fill out some forms and they can tell you the day and month your car was built, the day and month it was shipped, where it was shipped, the body #, the motor #, what style wheels it were installed, where the spare tire and wheels were kept, the JL key #, what type of speedometer, what brand of tires, and if it was going to a city with more than one Dodge dealer what the name of dealer was, and also it will give paint and trim code info. Hope I listed it all, anyway I have used these people several times in the past am now currently trying to retrieve info from them. Dont suppose you have an original purolator oil filter with that car with original sticker, would love to see any pictures of your car, hope all this helps

That's good to know -- I have the address for Chrysler historical records, and I'll write them for the build sheet. I don't have a photo of my oil filter, but it seems original -- no decal on it, though. I'll take some photos when I start getting the cars out of the barns in spring.

My DA was built in 29, I have a build sheet from them, I have at least a 12 DA pictures from them and they also sold me a photocopied version of my owners manual, not sure what happened with your request. I have dealt with a volunteer there( I believe they are all volunteers in the archives) whose name is Anthony Desiome, he has a contact # of 313-956-0535 and last i knew he worked M W F 7-1. I think that e-mail is to easy for anyone to disregard, i would myself write a nice letter to them and make your request that way. My car is tiltled a 30 DA but I clearly have many pictures from them of 29 DA, there are small differences between the two years that are easily spotted in a clear picture. Hope this helps and let me know there response, I was unaware that they had a cutoff date for info.

As mentioned also the owners manual is clearly dated 1929, late 29 but 29 nevertheless, I think you have bad info

What you suggest is worth a try and a $.39 stamp.

Someone from the Chrysler Historic Dept. did respond to my e-mail --- left me a voice mail saying they had nothing available for my 1925 DB.

It's worth another try.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Best Regards

You said in you original pot that you were looking for info on a 29 DA that you had just purchased last year? First time I have heard you mention a 25

Guest toybox99615

I am new to this board and happened to stumble across this build sheet reference. I tried the daimerchrysler site for some thing that might relate to the previously posted information. But I could not find anything relating to the history department or something like that. I would really like to have the build sheet for my 36 Humpback so I would appreciate the contact information of who to write to and where to send the letter.

I know a bit of the history on this unit and would sure like to know more. I'm the third owner and I bought it from the second owner. The second owner bought if from a friend he worked with. Both of them bought the same truck brand new from the factory at a dealer in Portland, Or. One was a deluxe model and one was not. After having this in my shop sine 98 I guess it is time to get back with my plans to keep it running.

The address of where to write is Daimler Chrysler Historical

Corpoate Historical Collection

CIMS 410-11-21

12501 Chrysler Freeway

Detroit MI. USA 48288

I would suggest limiting your requests of info to one subject matter at a time, I have had better responses that way as I guess the person whom decides to look for the requested info is not so overwhelmed I guess.

Guest toybox99615

make note if your going to order a build sheet that you must include a copy of the tittle showing you are the owner. I do not know when they started this policy but it is clearly stated on the web-page at the museum.