1931 Rumble seat step plate

West Peterson

I recently saw (on eBay maybe) a reproduction of the complete bolt and spacer. It was some pie-in-the-sky price of $700 or more if I recall. I'm not sure why it was so much. It doesn't seem like a lot of tool-and-die work, or casting????

Say what as I am choking down the water I was just sipping? Is it because of the Packard name :)

If you look at the picture of my bumper you can see that the bracket is attached to where the chrome ball that is shown in the picture you attached. The opposite side of my car has this same bracket which will I will not install since now I have the step plate you sold me.

And the search goes on for some more pictures

Guest cben09

Hi,,,Seems like the bolt/spacer was missing the . after the 7 ,,,On the steps,,,my memory says they looked like the battery box cover,,or at least they did in the 1950's,,,the nickel was not as bright,,,and the cracks in the metal were less frequent,,,and 10% of the cars had the A covering on the ex pipe,,Not sure if this memory "chip" is useful,,,Cheers,,,Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Tom

The bumper bracket you have is for a car equipped with a rear-mounted spare. Your car may have been originally equipped that way, then converted. Whoever did it, only replaced the bumper, and not the brackets. I have a good detail photo that I will post as soon as I download all of my photos from Louisville this past weekend.

Hi West,

Sorry did get back to you sooner. Went out of town last Thursday to in laws Indiana home and had to cut vacation short because my mother-in-law fell down the stairs while we were out there and broke her hip. On top of that they found that she has %100 blockage in one artery and others have %20-%50 blockage. It has been a busy last few says for us.

The picture you posted looks like what I have on there now. Thank you very much for taking the time and posting the picture.