1990 Reatta conv. Need info

JWC

There is a red with tan int. 1990 Reatta conv. in Venice Fla. for sale at a dealer for $10,988 it has 57,000 miles.

Is this a good price?

Every thing seems to be in good condition, the front left fender was either replaced or at least repainted, and there is no key lock for the rear trunk, other then that all looks good for a 17 year old car.

448324-IMG_0003.JPG

post-36162-143137927313_thumb.jpg

Guest smith356

Maybe it's just the picture, but the paint looks mismatched and the trim is missing - both easily correctible, but I would ask the dealer to fix that or reflect the cost in the price. The cars will keep going up in value, so it's all subjective and dependent on it's condition. I don't think the price is out of line for the low mileage, but others with more knowledge can share their thoughts. They're great cars - everyone should agree on that. Good luck........... Jim

The pinstripe is often a good indicator on repaints. The original pinstripe was painted, often when a section or the entire car is repainted, the pinstripe will be tape or no pinstripe at all. A few Reattas were made withou the pinstripe but that is easilly verified from the label in the trunk.

There is a chunk of side trim missing on the front fender behind the wheel. Jim Finn probably has the molding.

The price is fair for a decent car. What we are not seeing is the condition of the drivers seat, carpet, and top.

If you are really serious, I would point out the problems and offer the $9,500 and be willing to pay $10,000.

Guest Ranger

Why not just pop the hood, check near the front of the fender lip for the VIN sticker, that may help you determine if it's been replaced (the original should match the VIN on the car).

It's a dealer, it's winter, I'd shoot him an offer of $7,500, let him talk you up from there, you can always go up, kind of hard to lower your intial offer. I'm not an authority, that's just what I'd do.